Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wild About Harry, Why?


 


When I see the beedy-eyed, three-tongued Nevada Senator Harry Reid approach any podium to do his part to help steer the ship of state, my first impression is to look for the lifeboats. He lacks any semblance of leadership beyond flicking the switch  for  the robotic Oblivicrats who march in step to whatever forwards the “progressive” agenda. The path to bi-partisanship  is strewn with as much debris as the road to Damascus. And the Repudicans, headed by Mitch “I’ll make any deal you want as long as I can get an earmark out of it” McConnell,  are equally inept.

But since the Democrats control the Senate, Reid gets much more media face time to use to denigrate his favorite enemy the Tea Party for their collective gall for voicing their opinions. He would prefer instead  to hear the  concerns of the  Occupy Wall Street gang and other “progressive” groups.

Reid has as much integrity as a carnival barker on the midway at a state fair. He’s made so many smoke-filled back room deals he stands a chance of getting cancer from second hand smoke.

He had a  cinematic doppelganger in one of my favorite movies, Godfather II. He reminds me  of that nefarious Nevada (merely coincidence) senator who in the beginning of the film is throwing ethnic epithets at Michael Corleone only to become  a useful conduit for the mob. We knew what drove  that character: money and “those red-haired Yolandas.”  I apologize. I know much too much dialogue from that  film. What drives  Sen. Reid? Is it merely his  aspiration to control  power?

Since it’s getting close to Halloween and mischief night and I haven’t done anything mischievous for sometime might I suggest a little prank on Sen. Reid. How about getting some Tea Party front group to make a donation to his political war chest , then after his political machine accepts it, expose him for being a hypocrite. All politicians are hypocrites, some more than others; none more than Sen. Reid. Sorry I forgot about his sidekick, Congresswoman Pelosi. And Mitch McConnell and John McCain and…

No comments:

Post a Comment